| || | I am Pauline, 27 y.o., Tbilisi based multimedia artist from Petersburg. I live in Georgia since march 2020. My thing is to
carry reality through my body and other physical phenomena.
I am self-taught, DIY based and I learn mostly by observing. I practice vipassana (S.N.Goenka) meditation for 6 years already and my art is directly connected with my buddist refuge and practice of the loving-kindness.For me art is a political action towards deeply ecological world.
I believe that being in contact with our own nature solves so many problems we have. Beauty is healing. Art is a language any human being can understand. So I embody emptiness and it becomes space for that. I sculpt objects with empty space for people's personal processes. Take pictures by listening, not shooting. Offer my body as a vessel if I do performance or research.
Garbbha (skt: गर्भ) — inner space, sanctuary, vessel.
- studied psychology at spbu (2012-2015, peak experience and death narrative research, in-depth interview method)
- practiced in the theatre laboratory “studio 12” (2014-2015, Grotowsky methodology) and in attention/movement/performance laboratories (Alena Surikova, Boris Pavlovich, Berndt Knappe etc), studied Butoh, Odissi
- worked in horizontal teams (creating philosophical schools and theatre events), lived in/founded egalitarian communities (based on art and joint practice), practiced dragon dreaming methodology, non violent communication, consensus practices, diy etc.
- worked as a web designer for an educational project, in a tea house serving tea, as a journalist in a local art magazine
- studio 12 group performance with the Klim texts, 2015, Petersburg
- "i am afraid" trio performance at the workshop of Boris Pavlovich, 2016, Moscow
- clay pt.I, 2020, performance, Petersburg
- EARTHERN exhibition, 2021, Tbilisi
- clay pt.II, RV performance with Natia Chikvaidze, 05.03.2021, Tbilisi
- RV performance screening at CCA, Tbilisi, Video Peace Traffic / Moving Image Festival 5-6.07.2021
- MOM exposition at Alexandra Kirienkova home gallery, september 2021
- collection for Le Chic Radical, Tbilisi, november 2021
... also lots of Butoh, mask work, movement improvisations and happenings i cant count cause they happened spontaneously.
I also do photography